Coronavirus School Closure
We hope that you are all well and are studying hard at home! For those of you missing our ‘Fun Maths’ sessions below is a link to the wonderful White Rose Maths. The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group, so there will be one for year 4 and one for year 5. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to complete the activity successfully. Please go to https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ and select your year group. There are also some useful websites below and don’t forget our Topic Project.
Missing you all and looking forward to seeing you soon,
Ms Bradley and Mr Corke.
Support for Parents
Twinkl and Classroom Secrets are two educational resource sites who are offering free parent accounts during the coming weeks. These sites both have a wealth of resources for all age groups:
The following websites also offer good quality learning opportunities:
- Hit the Button - quick fire questions on number bonds, times tables, doubling and halving, multiples, division facts and square numbers - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Timestables.co.uk - a range of times tables games - https://www.timestables.co.uk/100-seconds/
- Nrich is a fantastic maths website full of problems and interactive games - https://nrich.maths.org/frontpage
- Oxford Owl - access to free ebooks and audio books - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Epic Books - books, learning videos and quizzes - https://www.getepic.com/
- BBC Bitesize KS2 - a range of learning activities - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/levels/zbr9wmn
- BBC Super Movers KS2 - learning activities which encourage children to be active - https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers/ks2-collection/zr4ky9q
- BBC Dance Mat Typing - teaches the children to touch type in a fun, engaging way - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zf2f9j6/articles/z3c6tfr
- For a bit of fun exercise why don’t you try joining Joe Wick for his daily P.E session live on YouTube. Go to his website
https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html or his YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv
Welcome to Kingfishers Class!
We are a mixed age class of 4 and 5 children. The class teachers are Mr Corke and Ms Bradley and our learning support assistants are Mrs Brinklow and Miss Lee. Our classroom is at the top floor of the Victorian building. We are proud of our school and enjoy working hard. We enjoy our school environment and like learning through 'hands on' experience.