Term 5 and 6 2022 - 2023 Land Ahoy!
Arrr me shipmates ... get ready to set sail for an exciting new topic based on our whole school topic 'The Seaside!'
Here are some BIG questions to get you thinking about what we will be looking at this term ...
- How have the seas and oceans been used in the past?
- What is a smuggler and what evidence can we find about them in Hastings?
- Who is Christopher Columbus and what did he explore?
- What and where are the seas and oceans?
- How have artists used watercolour paint to depict a seascape?
- How can we make a healthy and hearty lunch?
- What is a rock and what is a fossil?
HALF TERM HOMEWORK COMPETITION!
We have been reading Oliver and the Seawigs for our class text this term and so over the half term we would like the children to design a sea wig each to wear. A sea wig is like a wig full of interesting items that could be found in the ocean or on a beach. You could make your sea wig out of recycling materials, pictures, drawings or even things collected from an actual beach! The more exciting the better as the best seawig will win a prize!
We want to display these in the classroom so we look forward to seeing some exciting creations after the half term!
Get ready to learn about what it's like for a real miner working in the gypsum mines. Next term one of our lovely parents is coming in to speak about what he does and answer all the questions the children have about rocks as part of their science learning!