Term 1 and 2 - Working Life
Working Life - Here are some questions we will be considering and finding out about!
- How did the landscape change in the 19th Century?
- Who is L.S. Lowry and why was he so significant in history?
- Everyday Materials: What is a material and why has it been used?
- How can we be safe on the internet?
- How do you know it’s a ‘Lowry’?
How has the land around us been used?
We started the topic reading the book 'The Little House' by Virginia Lee Burton where we learnt about how the landscape around the house changed. The children identified human and physical features to create a comparison drawing. They watched the work of the artist Stephen Wiltshire who draws using pen and ink large panoramic drawings all from memory!